Friday, June 11, 2010

A Big Thank You...

The linden bears in front of the stones made my alt cry - they so symbolize the playful culture that used to mark SL before Mark...

... and all the best to those Lindens that have worked hard to build and keep our world and now find themselves on the outside of the door. I don't really know any of you, but I guess many of you have kept SL spinning despite the strategies of the current management, not because of it.

Even if you are a talented and gifted person, loosing your job means a lot of insecurity and worry that you really don't deserve. For what little it's worth I feel for you and hope everyone of you will be fine.

So while yesterday I focused on one possible outcome of this mess, I too am deeply worried about us loosing so many dedicated virtual world enthusiasts. Even more so if management have used this opportunity to rid themselves of any internal opposition. If so, then I am afraid the odds that SL will wither and die in its present form is much greater. And the odds that any venue you start on will be a success will be much higher:-)

Take care all of you!

Stand by me Sweet lady
We go in and freely
We give up our senses
Our walls and defences

Into the sea
Make love
Make waves

Into the sea
Make love
Make waves

-- Sivert Høyem



No comments: